Friday, February 22, 2013

Wiki Evaluation

The  Wiki that I looked at was Mrs. Ibrahim's 2nd grade classroom. This Wiki is a really good example of how elementary school teachers can use Wikis in their classrooms. On the front page, there are links to each individual students' own personal page that they can use to upload their work. I think this is a great way to showcase student progress. Mrs. Ibrahim also included several other page links in the sidebar, such as health and P.E., reading, writing, thinking maps, and word study. Students also are allowed to contribute to these pages and use them as resources. I could definitely take some ideas from this Wiki and make it my own for my future classroom. Overall, I really like this Wiki. The only downside is that it is a few years outdated, however the content and structure are still v ery well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment